27 February 2012

Scrap Africa - Sketch #2

This is Sketch #2 from the Scrap Africa Blog:

And herewith my take on the sketch:

... I love the simplicity of this layout and the monochromatic colour scheme...
For my layout I chose one large photo in stead of 3 smaller photos.
I took this picture of my daughter, Liani, in the Richtersveld in June 2010.


...I even did some inking in the background with Tim Holtz Distress inks and a "leafy" mask...;-)
{for those that know me...I don't like getting my hands dirty... and this is stretching me right out of my comfort zone....}

Products used:
Papers: Paper Loft
Mask: Prima
Dies: 
Quickutz: Leafs, bird and font {Wildflower die set}; Tab; Swirls; 12"Scallop borders
Sizzix: Tim Holtz Alterations Tags and Bookplates
Stamp: Itty Bitty Stamp {documented} from Unity Stamps & Simple Stories
Other: Ribbon, button, twine and brads

Hop over to SCRAP AFRICA  for more inspiration!
To see the blog post for SKETCH #2 and to see the layouts from the DT, click HERE

Thanks for visiting!

9 comments:

SiskiyouSue said...

Love this layout! Your pic. looks so nice.

Denise Price said...

I love all the natural-themed elements on your page--they're perfect with the outdoorsy photo. The monochromatic color scheme was a nice choice.

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous layout. Love the design and of course the beautiful subject.
Hugs
Desire

Roulien Stahnke said...

This is beautiful, Elizna!! I love that you've kept the layout clean and simple . . . but it is still so striking!! Love the monochromatic look of it as well!! Beautiful work!

Denise van Deventer said...

This is really a great layout! Love the colouring and the simplicity, yet elegant!

Lynette Jacobs said...

You got your hands dirty and your layout still looks so clean;-) I love the simplicity of your layout and the one photo works perfectly with the sketch.

Cathy Lane said...

This is simply beautiful..like they say: "less is more"...the simplicity of this layout simply adds to the beauty of it..love it :))

Evgenia Petzer said...

Great job! I love how the colors match for photos and paper! Thank you for playing with us at ScrapAfrica!

Svetlana Austin said...

Hi, Elizna! I love your take on the sketch! and I love the monochrome colors of your LO. it is so beautiful! thank you for joining us at Scrap Africa!